Bill Presentment is an electronic invoicing solution that enables merchants to email invoices to collect customer initiated credit card and ACH payments with their own PCI secure online payment form hosted by Charge Anywhere. Merchants improve cash flow by streamlining their billing process and save money on postage and costs associated with mailing invoices. Merchants can customize the secure Bill Presentment payment form to include their company logo, color and text to reinforce their brand with their customers.
Bill Presentment setup
This section contains the fields to be configured for the Bill Presentment Payment Form that the customer will view after clicking the PAY NOW button within the email. Enable the fields that you want to configure on the Bill Presentment Payment Form and enter or choose the values that you desire. You can click on “Preview” to view the configured payment form based on the setting entered. When finished, press “Update”.
You can customize the Header by configuring the following items:
- Header Company Logo: insert you company logo to display as your header. The recommended file size is (145x65)px. You can adjust the file size as needed after previewing.
- Header Background Color Picker: select the color or enter the hexadecimal color code to display as your header background.
- Header Text: insert text to display as your header.
- Header Color Picker: select the color or enter the hexadecimal color code to display as your header text color.
Form Background and Page Layout
You can align the Header, Form and Footer by configuring the following items:
- Form Background Color Picker: select the color or enter the hexadecimal color code to display as your background.
- Form Button Background Color Picker: select the color or enter the hexadecimal color code to display as your button background.
- Form Button Text Color picker: select the color or enter the hexadecimal color code to display as your text button.
- Select the Header alignment (left or center)
- Select the Form alignment (left or center)
- Select the Footer alignment (left or center)
You can customize the Footer by configuring the following items:
- Footer Background Color picker: select the color or enter the hexadecimal color code to display as your footer background, or select “Same as Header”.
- Footer Text: insert text to display as your footer
- Footer Color picker: select the color or enter the hexadecimal color code to display as your text footer, or select “Same as Header
You can customize your merchant name/DBA, email address and transaction options:
- Merchant DBA: Specify a name you want your customer to see.
- Merchant Email: specify a “from” email address used to send the invoice.
- Enable the box “Copy Merchant” if you want to receive a copy of the invoice.
- Transaction Type: Sale
- Convenience Type: select None, Amount or Percentage if you want to apply a convenience fee.
- Email Message: enter a default message that will be included in the body of the email. This content can be changed each time when sending a Bill Presentment.
Send Invoice To a Customer:
To send an invoice to a customer, click on Virtual Terminal, Bill Presentment, Send Invoice to Customer. You can attached an invoice by choosing the file, and then click on “Attach” (optional). Fill out the form with the appropriate customer information to generate the invoice to be emailed. The form will include the default information for Merchant Email and Email Message entered when you initially configured Bill Presentment Setup. This information can be changed prior to sending the email. When creating the form, you must enter a Customer Email and add at least one item. Customer Name, Invoice Number and Description are optional fields. As an added option, you may also upload a file to be included as an attached with the email. Click on Choose File and search for the document to be included, then click Attach. You can remove the attachment before sending by clicking on Remove File. If you are including an invoice as an attachment and do not wish to enter invoice details in the Add Items section, simply enter one item with the total amount for the invoice.
View Bill Presentments:
This section will allow you to view all your Bill Presentments. You can search by Customer Name, Invoice Number, Amount, or Bill State (Created, Sent, and Paid). You can also Resend Bill or Close Bill. If the invoice was paid by the customer through the Bill Presentment email, the State will change to “Paid-Charge Anywhere”. If the invoice was paid other than through the Bill Presentment email, as an optional step, you can click on Close Bill and the State will change to “Paid-Other”
How Your Customer Will Process The Payment:
After you send a Bill Presentment, your customer will receive an email with the message you included in Email Message when generating the Bill Presentment. A link to pay the invoice called “Click here to Process Payment” will be included under the Email Message.
When the customer clicks on “Click here to Process Payment” the Payment Form will open
The customer will be prompted to enter the payment information to process the payment. If approved, an approval code will be generated. If the payment is declined, a declined message will appear.